Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Happy Mother's Day!!!

AAHHH!!! It was so great talking to my family!!!!! I miss you all so much, and I cannot wait to see you all!!! It was one of the more interesting skype sessions...Ruth in Utah, Mom, Dad and Riley in MA and Jess in England. Thank goodness for modern day technology and free skype calls!! I know that families can be forever, and that mine will! THAT is why I am here! Because I want to see eternal families too.

We have done a lot of good contacting this week. It is so great to not feel scared to talk to these strangers! If that makes sense? Basically we just open up our mouths with everyone. Planting little seeds everywhere we go :)

This week they called me to ask me which airport I want to go home too....that was really WEIRD.

We made carlota for a Mother's Day treat and went around giving it to the different moms who live in our apartment complex. Some were a little weirded out but others looked so grateful and it looked like we made their day. SO, it was definitely worth it :) 

We had consejo this week, so back to Xalapa again! I love being a part of it. I learn so much and can see how much Presidente loves us and how EVERYTHING he does is to help us have more success in this great work!

Hna P is participating more in the lessons which is great!!!! She is still timid, but we practice the baptism invitation walking around, and she builds a little more confidence each time! We have HILARIOUS practices in companionship study hahahaha it is weird to see what amuses us as missionaries. But I love working with her, she is so sweet and humble and we are doing some great work :) We are a very happy companionship.

Y - we finished teaching him everything this week and his baptism was Sunday!!! I really saw a huge change in Y. Right before the serivce started, he went up to a teenager - who is a member - and asked his forgiveness. I guess they go to the same school and they have not had the best relationship. Wow. I do not think I have ever heard of a 15 year old doing that. He also gave a beautiful prayer ending the baptismal service. I love this kid a lot. I am so excited for him and B and S. I know they are going to be able to help each other and be examples to the other members of their family.

Don M - needs a testimony of Joseph Smith. We taught him the Word of Wisdom, but I know that in order to have a desire to actually follow this commandment, he needs to be really sure of Joseph Smith first. He has a desire to do what is right and to be a better person, and I know that the Gospel can help him with that.

Happy Mother's Day to the best mom in the world! I am so grateful for mine, and I know that without her I would be a very different person. Everyone make sure to tell your moms how much you love them, because you don't realize how much you will miss her until you can't hug her for 18 months.

Love, Hermana Westergard

gringas locas, Hermana Hidalgo :), El Calvario, this scripture does not exist...

gringas locas

Hermana H :)

El Calvario

this scripture does not exist...

poor missionaries with one outlet in the kitchen and no table

Happy Mother's Day picture!!!

Y excited for his baptism

Y's baptism!!

enormous ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment