Thursday, February 5, 2015

changeschangeschanges



This week was all over the place. Hna Z left, heck I miss her a lot. My new companion is Hermana J from Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua. She is definitely from the North. Strong accent, strong personality, strong character. Strong is the word to describe her. I know I am going to learn a lot this transfer. Staying here in Museo.

Hna J is not super approachable, so once again I am doing a lot of the contacting and talking. She is a convert which is cool! She has been a member for 4 years now?

I found a white hair in my head this week. Oh joy.

We had a surprise party for an hermana who always helps us with everything. We got her to go around with us in the morning so her suegra could make mole and chiles rellenos. AND SHE HAD NO IDEA!!!!! It was great. We were happy to be able to do a little something for her since she always does so much for us.

I have been learning SO much reading Jesus the Christ!!! AND I have been able to share the scriptures I have been studying and the parts of Christ´s life that I am now familiar with. It is amazing and I love using the things I learn to help the people in in Xalapa!

I have had the chance to work a lot with jovenes and members of the ward and it has been so great! Feeling like I can help them while they are helping me is a great feeling :)

We have been working with a lot of less-actives. One of the hardest parts of missionary work is definitely retention. It is so sad! They need friends in the church, but if they don't go....well they cannot exactly develop those relationships. We have been focusing a lot on the importance of the Sacrament, hoping to remind them the importance and how healing going to church can be!

M - we finally ran into her and had a BEAUTIFUL lesson. I feel like I can really start expressing what I want now that my Spanish is semi-decent. I feel like I can connect with her and can focus more on her needs, it is a great feeling!!! She is smart and pays attention and has tons of good questions. Her dad is a drunk and still doesn't want her to go to church so that is still a problem.

E - She works as one of those people who goes through garbage to find the things that are recyclable. We helped her go through the bags of trash she had collected and sorted all the cans and recyclable things we found. Thank goodness we are also capable of breathing through our mouths. I am pretty sure one of the bags was a bag from a party and there was barf all over the stuff in it, but I tried not to think about it too much. It probably would have taken them the whole day to do it, but we were able to get it done in a couple of hours! They still are not going to church though :( so I think we might need to drop them. It is one of the hardest decisions to make....it breaks my heart every time.

K - OH MY GOSH I AM SO HAPPY FOR HER!!!!! She was baptized in October, but about a month a go she went to live with her boyfriend. My heart broke. BUT, this past week she dumped him and went back home! She asked if she could starting going to visit people with us, and we have had great talks about repentance. SHE IS BACK ON THE RIGHT PATH :) :) :)

Love, Hermana Westergard




Jacob´s ladders

my area is BEAUTIFUL!!!



Hna T

PASTEL

GOODBYE TO HERMANA Z :(






No comments:

Post a Comment